National construction technology leaders to present at 2012 MABX TEC Summit
10/22/2012 5:10:24 PM by Nate
HARRISBURG, Pa. – On November 8, 2012, Mid Atlantic BX (MABX) will host the 2012 TEC Summit at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa. TEC, or Technology & Excellence in Construction, will feature a variety of national construction technology experts giving short presentations on everything from Building Information Modeling (BIM) to using alternative energy sources to power construction vehicles. The summit is sponsored by SotirIS Information Strategies.
“As a trade association with a membership consisting of contractors, subcontractors, design firms, suppliers and manufacturers, we see how technology is impacting the industry during all phases of the construction process,” Chad C. Harvey, MABX executive director, said. “We designed TEC to not only address the most relevant trends, but to show how different types of construction and design professionals are utilizing these technologies."
Lynn Allen, Cadalyst columnist and Autodesk Technical Evangelist, will open the event with her Keynote Presentation: The Future of Design. Allen speaks to more than 30,000 Autodesk product users worldwide each year. For the past 18 years she has written a monthly column in Cadalyst magazine called "Circles and Lines" and is the voice behind the popular Cadalyst videos – “Tips and Tricks with Lynn Allen.”
Dr. Makarand Hastak, head of the Division of Construction Engineering and Management at Purdue University, will have two presentations during TEC – Emerging Construction Technology and Solutions for Profitability and Assessment of Risk in Construction.
Other event presentations include:
TEC also includes a separate 90-minute presentation on the Business Value of BIM by Curt Egli and Bill Knittle of Synergis.
- An Introduction to BIM - John Daukshus and Curt Egli, Synergis
- DEP Act 13 - Dan Lapato, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Architecture Technology - Doug Rohrbaugh, Crabtree Rohrbaugh Associates Architects
- Public/Private Partnership Legislation - Bob Latham, Associated PA Constructors
- An Integrated Approach to Marketing your Construction Company - Ric Jones, MoJo Active
- Customer Relationship Management - Kris Zabriskie & Tom Stapf, SōtirIS Information Strategies
- Utilize the "Cloud" to your Advantage - Mike Klunk, SōtirIS Information Strategies
- Strategic Benefits of Using Technology in Today's AEC World - Glenn Ebersole, Hollenbach Construction
- BIM to SIM - Travis Hawthorne & Bashar Albadri, Print-O-Stat
- A User's Perspective of BIM - Jackie Martin, Carney Engineering Group
- How Social Media Can Be a Powerful Business Tool - Christine Rochelle, PCG Digital Marketing
- Desiccant Dehumidification and Solar Air Conditioning - Bob Elwell, Energy Systems & Installation Inc.
The 2012 TEC Summit runs from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. The cost of registration is $90 for MABX members and $180 for non-members. There is an additional fee of $5 per member and $10 per non-member to attend the Business Value of BIM session.
Download the TEC Summit registration form • Register online
Founded in 1938, Mid Atlantic BX is a trade association dedicated to connecting the construction industry. With its products and service offerings, MABX supports the business development efforts of its members and promotes the growth of the construction industry. MABX provides real-time, online access to thousands of regional new construction projects annually, along with project blueprints, specs, addenda, bid lists and other pertinent bidding documents.
From online, industry-specific services to the Construction Buyers Guide, Construx magazine, industry-specific training seminars and networking events, Mid Atlantic BX connects the construction industry from project concept through completion.
For more information about the Mid Atlantic BX, please contact Nate Pigott at 717.234.3255 or Nate@MidAtlanticBX.com. Also, visit our website at www.MidAtlanticBX.com.